Video Of Primary School Kids Who Ate ‘Poisoned Sweets’ From Spaza Shop Causes Stir On Social Media
Video Of Primary School Children Who Ate ‘Poisoned Sweets’ From Spaza Shop Causes Stir On Social Media
An undated and disturbing video of wailing primary school kids has caught people’s attention on social media.
It is alleged that dozens of kids thought to be in elementary school age range in one of South Africa’s schools ate sweets bought from a local establishment informally known as Spaza shop.
From the video, the girls can be seen wailing as they squeeze their tummies in pain.
Unverified reports indicate that video was taken after the kids were rushed into a nearby hospital.
They were waiting to be attended by the doctor while in the company of their teachers.
Where The Incident Happened
iHarare observed from the signages in the hospital and the language spoken in the video that this incident could have happened in South Africa’s Mpumalanga Province, in its University of Mpumalanga (UMP) local campus clinic which serves Mbombela.
Watch Video Below;
Similar Cases Before In South Africa
South Africa has experienced a couple of similar cases in previous years.
Five years ago, a manhunt was launched by the South African Police service after it was alleged that a man gave more than 60 primary school kids poisoned sweets.
This, after kids from three different schools in Johannesburg complained of abnormal stomach pains and were admitted in local hospitals.
Last year, more than 6 school children from the same province this current incident is alleged to have happened (Mpumalanga) died in separate incidences after eating Howe noodles.
They complained of stomach pains as well as nausea and vomiting. An official statement from the authorities pinned poisoned Howe noodles as the cause of death.
In this recent incident, authorities have not yet addressed the public on the alleged event.